Risk Assessment and Control Measures for Renata Clarke Portraits studio
Latest government advice is that the photography studios can re-open from 15th June 2020. We have decided to allow additional 2 weeks of preparation to ensure we can provide our service in a safe manner. We will be in a position to reopen on Saturday the 4th of July 2020 at the earliest.
During the time when we have been closed, we have completed the coronavirus risk assessment and control measures with a number of changes and procedures for your additional health and safety.
- Should the photographer or makeup artist feel ill or have any symptoms of covid-19, then we will immediately self-isolate for the required time. This may mean that your appointment is cancelled at short notice but it is done entirely for your own safety.
- Likewise, if you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 – please advise me as soon as possible. We understand that it is very disappointing, but we will need to reschedule your appointment for as soon as possible after the required 14 day isolation period has elapsed.
- The World Health Organisation has listed some of the most common symptons of CoVID-19 as fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms that are less common and may affect some patients include aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes. These symptoms may be mild and can begin gradually.
On the Day of Your Appointment
- We have carried out a thorough risk assessment of all of the services which I offer and am confident that we can continue to provide these safely.
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, we would ask that you attend your appointment as close to the appointment time as possible and that you come alone with only one more person you will be photographed with. To minimise risk we only allow up to 2 people during the session.
- We understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that I have washed my hands thoroughly in accordance with NHS recommendations just before you arrive.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the Studio including making sure that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
- We have reduced the number of appointments to one per day, to allow more preparation time in between each client.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- You will have access to soap and hot water to wash your hands on arrival and hand sanitiser will be available.
- We understand and will not be offended if you wish to wear disposable gloves during your appointment should you wish to. We would ask that only a new pair of disposable gloves are worn and that you do not put these on until you arrive at the Studio, after washing your hands, to eliminate any risk of prior contamination.
- Please don’t be surprised or upset if we use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit. This may include disposable gloves and a facemask where appropriate.
- Paper towels will be used whenever possible and disposed of after the session.
- We can confirm that the laundering of uniforms is a priority and that all laundry is washed at 60 degrees Centigrade, as recommended.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed between each client.
- Unfortunately we are only able to offer bottled refreshments such as water or juices in plastic bottles, but you are welcome to bring along any other drinks if you would like to.
- In order to avoid handling of cash, all session bookings are taken online via https//renataclarkeportraits.com/bookings
- Payments for your finished portraits will be taken during your reveal and ordering appointment only by card or online payment / invoice. No cash will be accepted.
To see the full risk assessment and control measures put in place, see the attached document.
Renata specialises in magazine style portrait and boudoir photography. Her main focus is to empower women through the tailored experience and beautiful fine art portraits that will last a lifetime. Get in touch to reserve your complimentary consultation and talk about your dream portraits.